Sunday 18 August 2013

Charlotte & Laura's Fortnight Fast Diary WEEK 2



This is Charlotte's Week 2 Fortnight Fast diary entry, with daily menu:
 

.THE HALFWAY POINT.
R4000 raised and counting!

Needless to say I have dreamt more about food, with my sister turning into a professional burger taster. I also imagined a house made out of food: steak for the roof, pizza for the walls... you get the idea. Though, I don’t think I will dream about food again, because in a way I think maybe I have accepted my hot food deprivation?!

This weekend was pretty challenging because our friend who was visiting happens to be a cracking cook. So whilst we were eating our salads, we watched them eat STEAK and a roast dinner. It’s funny how people have noticed that me and Laura are tending to talk more and more about food. I’m sure that as the week progresses, it could get worse. Now, it’s not all doom and gloom, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I appreciate hot food, so much more now. And we certainly have some lovely friends here in Chintsa, with some lekker salads made for us by Kate, bit of chocolate cake at Barefoot and a taastty cold sandwich made for us by Lyn at the Village Bistro.
 
 


Monday: Day 7
B/fast: The last of the Museli
Lunch: Leftover tuna/sweetcorn/tinned tomatoes cold version of a pizza.
Half a peanut butter sandwich. Pineapple/apple and peaches in yoghurt.
Dinner: Mozzarella cheese/normal cheese, gammon, chutney and lettuce sandwich. Followed by: gherkin/cucumber/lettuce/ tomatoes and apple salad. With a side of avocado/ with balsamic vinegar on crackers, hummus on rice cakes. ICE CREAM at barefoot! (They are good to us)
Snacked on cheesy biscuits with Laura, it’s so easy to get very hungry.
Sunday:  Day 6
Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: I made a cracking salad for me and Laura, if I do say so myself. Lettuce (a really nice kind!) celery and feta salad with a dash of salad dressing, cucumber, gherkins and cubes of cheese. Hummus, cream cheese on the side with a croissant.
Afternoon snack of chocolate cake with tea.
Dinner: Barefoot homemade pizza base, sweetcorn, tuna, onion, tinned tomato, grated cheese. Very tasty, but I couldn’t finish it!
Late night snack of a marmite sandwich
Day 5
Saturday:
Breakfast: Coffee.FED UP OF BREAD so... a bowl of tinned tomatoes and pineapple with yoghurt.
Late lunch: Kate and Nadine invited Laura and I for lunch. The amazingly delicious salads she made ... Beetroot and pineapple salad, coleslaw with raisins, broccoli, lettuce, nuts, apple ( probably some other tasty things), feta cheese, olives. I’m sure I have forgotten one or two other tasty ones. Cheese on crackers with chutney on the top. Followed by a Red cappucino - a cappucino made with Rooibos tea & honey, the best new hot beverage I have ever tried! Me and Laura then popped to Cintsa East store and bought a homemade milk tart for us to eat. Though the cream I bought wasn’t a success, apparently you have to shake it.
Dinner: Cheese and marmite sandwich, yum!
Late night snack of cornflakes and cheese/marmite sandwich.
Day 4
Friday:
Brunch: Muesli and fruit salad.
Dinner: Not one but two salads, made with tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, feta, avocado, salad dressing! A marmite sandwich.
Late night snack of cornflakes and cheese/marmite sandwich.
Day 3:
Thursday: Coffee, muesli and banana.
Mid morning snack: Ham and salami sandwich from Lynn’s next door. A bit of Lou’s carrot cake.
Lunch: Only sushi bought for us by the lovely Karen, it was very delicious!!
Dinner: A cracking salad night out at Lou’s Chintsa Kitchen... so many different types of salad. Asian inspired, prawn and crab, pickled fish, coleslaw, green salad, orange and carrot... and they had apple cake with custard! Very, very tasty.
 


All this talk of food has made me hungry again... bye!

(I ended up popping over to the Bistro and waiting 20 minutes for a scone to cool down so that I could eat it. It was a tricky 20 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment